Event planning is no easy undertaking. Organizing dozens of tasks, pressing deadlines, managing vendors, communication, and all around multitasking is what you deal with every day in order to pull off an awesome event. And on top of these things, you have to worry about making sure your event is a memorable one. When it comes to planning a successful event, you need to be innovative, utilizing new technology and introducing new ideas to your attendees. So how will you create an innovative and memorable event for your attendees?
Here are 3 simple and useful tips from the TGI Team:
1. Be Consistent:
Make an impact before, during and after the event by creating a theme to carry out throughout all event messaging and signage.
- Your pre-event communications should set the tone for the event and build interest, and all communication during the event or following the event should be consistent with your original communications.
- During the event, branding should make an impact on your attendees throughout all event signage and messaging, this creates an air of importance and helps make a memorable experience.
2. Integrate Media:
Every touch of your event messaging should integrate multiple platforms to help engage attendees and create interaction.
- Event emails should lead to landing pages or social media platforms to create interest in the event.
- Printed collateral, such as invitations or save the dates, should include a QR code or Personalized URL (PURL) that leads to the event page, registration page, or maybe a video from one of your speakers.
- Create a hashtag to use throughout all of your event messaging, this will help get your attendees attention and build excitement before, during and after the event.
3. Get the Team Involved:
Hold a meeting for your staff, and the presenters/panelists for the event. Get them all to contribute on Social Media before, during and after the event by using the event hashtag. When the team shares an inside view or behind the scenes preparation for the event, it builds the excitement for the event.
- Have staff members start sharing behind the scenes photos before the event: staff meetings, new printed pieces come in, any giveaway items or overall preparation for the event.
- Get speakers involved by having them guest blog, sharing info about their presentations and event info, or create a video blog on why they think your event will be a great one to attend.
Keeping the conversation going before, during and after an event is key to making your event memorable. Every attendee should leave talking about your event, and anyone who could not attend should be excited for your next event. With TGI by your side you will get a reliable partner who understands the event industry and will be with you every step from start to finish. TGI is a reliable single-source provider for all of the printing and marketing services you need to help promote, conduct, and follow up your event. Whether you are having a monthly sales meeting, exhibiting in a trade show, or conducting a national conference, you can count on our expertise and experience in the event industry to deliver quality products on time and on budget.
To help make your next event a success, download TGI’s FREE event planning checklists and sign up to receive a FREE gift from the TGI Team.
TGI offers exceptional print & marketing services for corporate events:
- Annual company meeting
- Award banquets
- Board or shareholder meetings
- Charity functions
- Company parties
- Customer appreciation event
- Employee appreciation event
- Fundraiser events
- Golf outings
- Happy hours
- Holiday celebrations
- Product launch events
- Sales meeting national/regional
- Seminars/workshop sessions
- Trade shows
- Training sessions
- VIP events